Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Mommy and Me Day

This morning, I was a little overwhelmed with the amount of work I have to get done this week, and Jackson was in no mood to sit still, so I did the worst possible thing: I took the day off! (don't tell my clients! I'll have to work late tonight getting stuff done!)

Jackson and I got dressed and headed out the door. We stopped at Cracker Barrel for a Mommy and Me breakfast. Let me tell you, it went better than I thought! This is the first time Jack Jack and I have dined just the two of us. But he was so good--he flirted with the waitress and the little girl next to us, so he was entertained for the most part! He got a piece of french toast and applesauce, while Mommy got an egg-white omelet (oh, yum!) After breakfast, we were on a mission to get to Bouncing Buddies!
There are a few of them here in Clear Lake (Bouncin' Buddies, Monkey 'n Around, Jumping Jungle) They are indoor play places, with Moonwalks, and Little Tykes toys, and games, and the best part, they are all baby friendly. Fantastic! This one is owned by a friend of mine's sister-in-law, and it's close to the house. I just wanted Jackson to get a chance to play in a moonwalk again, since he loved the last one he played in so much!

We were the only ones there! It was great! Jackson got to play in the ball pit with Mommy and jump in the moonwalk and slide down the slide (more like tumble!) It was pretty tall (all padded) and he would crawl to the top and then try and slide and basically somersault and roll and flop to the bottom! But he loved it! He was laughing and smiling and then would get right back up and do it again! We spent about 2 hours there and then stopped by the grocery store and then home for a much needed nap! He's out right now, and I'm hoping he will be for another hour or so! He played hard!!










3 comments:

MeMaw said...

Glad he had a good time. Hope I can join the fun next time.

Sheri said...

Jackson looks like Grandpa Scott in his 2 seater car! He really seems to be having a great time. What a good mommy you are to ditch work and have fun with your son! They grow up so fast!

Unknown said...

Wow, that even makes me want to have a baby! Just saw the site today, too cute.