Monday, April 23, 2007

Sick Baby...

We had a really awful night last night, followed by a rough day. Jackson was up almost every 30 minutes last night, screaming. We weren't sure if it was his teeth bothering him, his ears, or severe gas (I know that sounds dumb, but with babies, you never know!) One of the great things about our pediatrician is that they have walk-in hours from 8:00-9:00am, so I got Jack Jack up and out the door to get his ears checked! Dr. Ingram looked at them and said they were fine, he sounded good, and he didn't have a fever. Well, if he was feeling better, than let's do what we do best--go shopping. That's when the day went down hill...

We got to Kohls/Babies R Us at about 10:00am. At 10:15am, Jackson starts screaming in the middle of the store, and my mom and I both know that he has just pooped, so we go and change him--diaper #1 of 2 in the bag. About 10 minutes later, Jackson stinks again, so we change him--diaper #2 of 2 in the bag. About 10 minutes later, Jackson stinks for a 3rd time, only this time as we lift him out of the stroller, the evidence is clear that his has pooped again, only this time, it's out of it's borders if you know what I mean. And remember, we are out of diapers in the bag. So I send Grandma Netty to the car, armed with wipes, and tell her to clean him up while I buy him a new outfit (Oh yeah, also, no extra clothes in the bag since we had been out of town and everything from the bag is now in the laundry) The only good thing is that while I was frantically finding Jackson something to wear, I ran across a great deal on rompers--$5.00 a piece!

So Jack gets 1 new outfit for now and I then head to Babies R Us next door for some diapers. Once we get him all cleaned and dressed, we head back to Kohls, obviously, to stock up on the $5.00 rompers--8 more to be exact! So exciting! While back at the store, Jackson falls asleep, but wakes himself with the worst cough ever, followed by difficulty breathing, hacking up mucus, along with a fever....Lord, I don't think we are meant to shop today. I was really afraid he was going to choke, because he was having such a hard time breathing...we left the dressing room immediately and headed home.

Jackson naps in the afternoon, and when he wakes up, he is BURNING UP AGAIN! I take his temp, and it's 102. This freaks me out because Jackson has never had a fever--that's right, never had a fever until this weekend and today. So, not knowing whether to be the over-cautious mother or the lacksidazical mommy, I decided to be over-cautious and call our pediatrition at home (she used to be my mom's next door neighbor, so I have her home and cell in my phone!) After talking to her, I gave Jackson his Pedialite, Pedia Care, Tylenol, and a kiss.

Right now, he is conked out, finally, and we are hoping to get a decent night's sleep! Oh, what a day.....

2 comments:

Lea Hamlin said...

I know exactly how you felt when you looked at that thermometer! Cooper woke up with a 102.9 last week. Josh did not think it was necessary to take him to the Dr., but of course I did. He ended up with an ear infection in both ears. Poor guy!!! I think daddy felt kinda bad. Can't wait to see you guys.

Ramie Babcock said...

I can't wait to see you and head to the Zoo! Jack never had a fever, so it really scared me, simply because I had no experience with it. I read a ton about it, but Jackson was just a mess, so I was nervous! Poor babies! I hope they get out of this stage soon!