Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Radio Flyer

Today, when we got to Grandma Netty's, she already had it in her head that we were going to Target to get Jackson a new toy--she wanted to find him a FisherPrice tricycle, but they don't make them anymore. So we headed to the store to find SOMETHING (I think she thought he was bored with the toys are her house, and he hadn't gotten anything new in a while, I guess! Spoiled!) So while at Target, Mom found this "mini" Radio Flyer trike--it's for ages 1-3 and had no peddles. Actually, it's called a ScootAbout! How fun! We stopped for lunch and then back to her house for a nap. While Jackson was asleep, Grandma Netty and I put the trike together. It was like Christmas--we were being really quiet, and then when he woke up, we called Grandma Jane to come down to see him "discover" his new toy for the first time! And, of course, I got his reaction on camera! It was so funny! He pointed and then ran to it with a HUGE grin on his face! He kept looking at Grandma Netty like, "Is this for me?" Then he attempted to climb on it, although he lifted the wrong leg and ended up facing backwards! Ha! Once we got him going the right way, he was off! He likes pushing it around in circles, and can chime the bell too! After he got off of it the first time, he walked right over the Grandma Nettty and gave her the biggest hug! We have no idea why! He wasn't prompted or anything! He must get that from his Daddy because in every video of Adam as a child, when he would get presents, he immediately would give the giver a hug! Good present Grandma! We can't wait for Christmas! It's going to be so much fun this year!















4 comments:

Sheri said...

I was looking for the picture of the hug ;( I bet that just made gma Netty's day!

Way to go gma! Spoil them and then send them home! Cute gift!

MeMaw said...

Amazing how quickly they learn to "kiss up", hahaha.

Ramie Babcock said...

He won't get off that thing! He's been riding it all morning and ringing that freaking bell--which sounds like the toaster over chiming that it's done, so then I think "What the hell did I put in the toaster over?!" I'm losing it, I know....kids do that to you! Right Mom?!

GG Jane said...

I can finally get on. He's so cute he's easy to spoil. He really knows how to work us all