Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Labor Day at Cedar Creek Lake

With the ensuing threat of Hurricane Gustav, we decided to head to the lake for early evacuation/labor day weekend. I really didn't plan on being around family and I couldn't swim or get in the lake, so I didn't think I would really have that great of a time. I took a book and planned on just keeping to myself. But the weekend was great, everyone was nice and didn't ask any questions, and Jackson played in the Hot Tub, the lake, the boat, on the jet skis, and laid in the hammock with us all weekend! So relaxing!


I got some video of Jackson on the jetski with Daddy--don't worry, they stayed in the cove the whole time. Surprisingly, I wasn't worried about him in the water this time around. I think b/c he's used to being in the water, and knows to keep his head up, I wasn't afraid of him going under and me not being able to see him. That's the one thing that scares me about lakes.







Aunt Peggy got a new dog about a week ago.....Tobi. I couldn't resist taking his picture.


The last night, we stayed up late with those that were still around (just me, Adam, Uncle Buddy, and cousin Kelli) and played Hearts. Honestly, I haven't laughed in a long time, and I laughed so hard that I nearly peed myself...other's at the table had different bodily function reactions to the laughter, but we won't go into that right now....

We came home on Tuesday since Gustav hit Louisianna this time and spared us.

No comments: