Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Decorations!

On the Sunday after Thanksgiving, we decorated the house. During the day, we pulled everything out of the attic--all my fabulously labeled Rubbermaids! Indoor in blue, outdoor in red and green...all with labels with the label maker my grandma got me last year! It made decorating this year a BREEZE b/c I knew where everything was and where it all went! I highly recommend taking the time to do this in January!





That night, we turned on Jim Brickman's The Gift Christmas CD (fabulous--I highly recommend getting the album or buying it on iTunes!! He totally makes me want to take piano lessons again...it's totally soothing! I've been listening to it in the car non-stop! Ahhh....) drank hot chocolate with marshmallows, and trimmed the tree, in our Santa hats (that's the best part! An excuse to wear a Santa hat!!). I got a few pictures, then something bad happened--Daddy broke the tree. Yup. The tree that I've had for years, handed down to me from my parents on our first Christmas in our new house (it's a little tree, but I love it and it means something to me), was tipping to the left, so Daddy pulled on it, and, SNAP! He cracked the base. So here was his first solution--I think this is a man thing...I just don't get it...yeah, honey, I went there...


Then he compromised and listened to reason and we went out and bought a new base. It's a woman thing--if it's broke, fix it, don't rig it! I shall continue:




When we were nearly finished, I snagged a few pictures of Jackson in his "Tanta hat--I yike it! It's wed!" I just love this little guy! Such a good sport!


My little ELF!!


No comments: