Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Feel the Burn

I did my first post-pregnancy workout today! Jackson was down for his morning nap, the laundry is done, the house is clean, and I'm caught up on my business stuff for now, so I had no excuse! For the past 3 years, I have been firming--The Firm. I love it! I'm am part of the The Firm Believers Club--online forum of other women who use the Firm workout videos. I have all 4 systems and about 20 videos. I'm obsessed--Adam had to ban me from buying more videos! It's aerobics and weight training videos, and I hadn't done any of them since my first trimester, so I was a little worried. But I felt GREAT! I didn't push myself too hard, used only 8 lbs for most moves. But, I do have to go buy new Nikes--my feet got bigger during my pregnancy and my toes were scrunched as I did squats and lunges! Not comfy!

Okay, I'm going to be honest here. I gained almost 50 pounds with Jackson. My goal was to only gain 25-30, but I loved fruit and ate it ALL THE TIME, and the doctor told me it would make me retain water...yup, it did! But I have lost 35 pounds so far, meaning I have 15 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. Unfortunately, I wasn't at my ideal weight before I got preggers, so in a nut shell, I have 30 pounds to lose to get to were I want to be physically. I am throwing it out there so I have to be accountable for my progress. I am going to take my measurements today--no, I will not be posting those! I know it took me 9 months to put all this weight on, but it shouldn't take me too long to get the weight off! I hope!

1 comment:

MeMaw said...

Patience Grasshopper, it WILL come off. (but in case it doesn't, I call "dibs" on your pre preggo wardrobe,hee,hee)