Sunday, June 21, 2009

Quick Update...more blogs to come

I needed to get a quick blog in before I head to bed. We had a crazy day today (after a GREAT relaxing weekend! More about that in a bit) I got up this morning and sat at my computer for a while getting some images done. I headed downstairs for a bowl of cereal and some water...and I started feeling some pressure in my lower abdomine. I thought maybe I just really had to I did...and it did nothing, but stretching and pressure is normal and it would go away in about 10 minutes or I laid down for a bit and watched some TV. In the meantime, Jackson gets his bathing suit on and wants to go swimming. I go up the stairs to get my suit on, make the bed, and brush my teeth, and I feel more pressure on my left side...very strange. By this time it's about 1:00pm.

I decide to get in the pool and just lounge. I bought a new float that keeps me upright, so I coat up with sunscreen and park it on my float for about an hour or so. Still have pressure...although the baby is moving around like crazy, so I wasn't TOO concerned because I knew he was moving.

About 3:00, I'm very concerned that this pressure has not gone away, so I called Dr. Taylor's office. Of course, she is not on call and Dr. Howsten is...she tells me to go straight to the hospital. That freaks me out a bit, but I went in and took a QUICK shower, threw clothes on, grabbed Adam as he walked in the door from his 4-day fishing trip to tell him to eat quickly and get in the car, and in about 20 minutes, we were on our way to the hospital.

We walked straight up to Labor and Delivery b/c I was not about to sit in the ER...I hate the could seriously die in an ER if it's busy...

They sent me to antepartum and we were greeted to a silent floor (really, there was no one else in the entire antepartum unit!) Our nurse checked me in, put me in a room, took a urine sample, put me in a gown, hooked me up to the contraction monitor, and told me to sit tight...

She then came in and said that I had had about 8 contractions in a short amount of time, and that she was going to call the on-call doctor to see where to go from there. Dr. Howsten ordered a catherated urine sample (ouch--I hate catheters!!) and an fFn, along with a CDC. So she stuck me with a swab (like a Pap) and then with a catheter, and then my arm for some blood...not comfortable!

Then we waited for about an hour and a half for the results. Our nurse said that sometimes a bladder infection can cause contractions. She also said that the fFn would test for a chemical that your body releases if you are likely to go into pre-term labor...never heard of that, so of course, I've been reading about it ever since we got home...

At around 7:45, our nurse came in and asked if we wanted to go home. She said all my results came back clean. If I had the same kind of pain, to lay on my left side, drink plenty of water, and monitor the baby's movements.

At this point, I'm still having contractions. I'll be calling Dr. Taylor first thing in the morning. I'm a little pissed that no one checked my cervix at the hospital, but I've had no bleeding and no other symptoms. So I'll head in there tomorrow morning.

Right now, it's 11:15 and I'm sitting in bed with my laptop reading and reading and reading. I swear, this has been the most uncomfortable I've been in months. Between the pressure, the contractions, the KICKING, and the fact that I'm still hurting from the damn catheter, I think it will be a rough night..although a slumber party for my boys b/c they are both laying here, asleep, snoring...lucky them.

Thankfully, Adam took tomorrow off of work. He was already scheduled for Tuesday off to help me pack b/c we are leaving on Wednesday for TN, so I'm happy that he will be here to do all the manual work and I can just sit here and direct traffic.

I'll update more about our fabulous weekend and our Astros game trip and some cute videos and Jackson's swimming with no floaties and all...tomorrow. For now, I'm going to try and get some sleep. My body is exhausted. I'll update if anything else changes!

Thank you for all your it bad to want this baby to hurry up and get to 40 weeks so this can all be over!? I'm ready for October!!

No comments: