Monday, December 18, 2006

Mommy day!

This morning, after a REALLY long night with Mr. Jackson, I decided it was time for a "pamper me" day. I made a hair and nail appointment, called my mom to make sure she could babysit, loaded Jack in the car, dropped him off, and took off on a Mommy adventure. You know, everyone needs a day where all you think about is yourself. I know that seems so selfish, but if you don't take care of yourself, everyone around you can suffer.

It was a fabulous day! One of those days where you turn the radio up as loud as it will go, sing at the top of your lungs, even though you can't hear yourself singing, and rock out like no one is watching--even the car next to you at the stop light, you just ignore them. And that's exactly what I did on the way to the hair salon--something I haven't done, really, since Jackson has been here because he is usually in the car with me. When I got to the hair salon, I knew I had at least a couple of hours to just sit and read. I actually got to read a magazine--you know, those things that come in the mail once a month. Although lately, mine have been set aside with the thought of "I'll read this before I go to bed tonight" and then there is always someone who is cranky or hungry of sleepy and fussy (this could be either Jackson or my husband, take your pick) or the house needs to be picked up, or photos to be updated...and the stack of mags just keeps getting bigger and bigger to where finally, I am so far behind that all the gossip magazines are out of date! Brittany Spears isn't separated anymore, she's now divorced...and I don't need the details of the Cruise/Holmes wedding because it already happened. So I sat--and read magazines--and let someone else wash and dry my hair. Then, I headed to the nail salon for a fill and a pedicure. And again, I sat, and read magazines, and drank a diet Pepsi that someone else got for me, and has a wonderful man, Tom (he always does my toes) massage my feet and calves for about an hour while I sat in a massage chair and listened to lovely relaxation music humming in the background....oh what a day!!

Then I snapped out of it, and rushed home to get my little man! Although I loved being pampered and selfish, nothing is better than walking in the door and seeing his little face light up in a huge gummy grin. Even if I wasn't pretty with my new highlights or fancy nails, Jackson and Adam would still love me and look at me as if I was the prettiest girl in the world--and in my world right now, that pretty includes sweat pants and no makeup!! Oh, life is good!

No comments: