Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Lots of things going on!

Mommy has been so bad! We have been taking lots of pictures and so much has been going on, we just haven't had time to update the blog and let you all in on the happenings! So here is a LONG post about all the exciting and tragic things that have happened in the last 2 weeks:

On November 18th, Jackson attended his second wedding. Ms. Wendy and Mr. Danny were married in El Campo and I was fortunate enough to be part of their amazing day! Jackson spent the day with Grandma Patty since Daddy was also in the wedding (he was an usher!) I left the house at about 1:00 and didn't see Jackson until 6:30 that night! In the meantime, as I am walking into the reception, camera in hand, I approach the brand new American Legion all and am walking along what I thought was a sidewalk with new! It was like quicksand and I sink, literally knee deep in the mud! Luckily, I was wearing boots. But I was stuck, with my camera over my head, for about 5 minutes, until Adam and another guy figured out how to rescue me! It was pretty funny! But later that night I got to dance with my little man--we did the hokey pokey! It was fantastic!

The next day, Jackson got to spend the entire day with Daddy, as I was off to the Woodlands to shoot Delaney West's baptism. It was a jammy kinda day for the two of them!

Daddy took Monday and Tuesday off of work last week to work on the deck project with Grandpa Scott...Jackson hung out outside with them and had a good time!

On Tuesday, Mommy had a photo shoot and Jackson got to meet Allie Rose and Grace when they came to get their pictures taken...they really liked him, and he couldn't stop staring at Allie!

On to Thanksgiving, when Mommy completely forgot her camera--I know, shocking! But we headed to Great Grandma Vera's for dinner in the early afternoon, and then on to Uncle Russ' for round two and dessert! And again, no pictures....

Friday night we ate dinner with Grandma and Grandpa after helping them decorate their house for Christmas (a tradition that includes Grandma Netty wearing her antlers!), and then we played cards...Jackson helped daddy!

Then came Saturday....oh what a day. Grandpa Scott and Grandma Netty came over to again help with the deck project. Adam and Grandpa were out back, Mommy and Jackson and Grandma were inside...Adam was trying to open a box of nails, and ended up cutting his finger....he told Grandma that he needed stitched and a rag. My mom came in and said " you don't want to know what happened, but I need to call the doctors office, he needs stitches" So get the doctor on the phone and go to the back door to give Adam some more towels. Adam looks at me, turns white as a ghost and then take three steps back and passes out, hitting his back and head on the edge of the new deck. My dad jumps up and grabs him off the ground and they rush him to the car and take off, leaving me at the house with Jackson--it was kind of a blur and I don't really remember them leaving, but after the fact, I panic becuase Adam has passed out (and in case you didnt know, he has high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and I am just freaking out because he has passed out and watching your husband collapse is never an easy thing to see) So I calmly gather Jackson up and put him in the car, singing all the way to keep from crying, and then realize that my Dad's stick-shift truck is parked directly behind my car--I can't drive a stick. So I think, "Okay, I can get around him" the mean time, I drive over all the pansy's that my grandma and I had just planted and just start cussing at my dad, because God forbid he park in my driveway behind me! Yikes. Then I remember that if I take the emergency break off and push in on the clutch, I can roll back far enough to get my car around his truck--YATZEE! It worked and I make it to the Dr. office in time for them to take Adam back to stitch his finger--he's fine at this point. Me on the other had, take one look at his finger, get nauseated, and make an attempt to walk back to the waiting room, only to get dizzy and nearly pass out myself ( I could never be a nurse!) Adam got 6 stiches in the tip of his finger to help keep in on and a bunch of pain medicine...and then proceeds to come home and finish the deck! Men!

Sunday was a fantastic day! We got up and headed to Huntsville to do a Christmas shoot for the Stowe family--3 of my favortie people in the world! On the way, we stopped at Floor & Decor to look at tile for our patio (I'll post pics of that later). We got the deal of the century--20x20 porceline Florentine tiles, reg $6.70ea on clearance for only $1.00!! Normally would have cost us $435.00 for the amount we bought, but we got all the time for $65.00!! Oh, so excited about it! We also stopped at Target and picked up 3 Christmas gifts for Jack. We spent the day with the Stowes and had a great time!

Monday was a work day for me. But as a side note: Jackson loves cups. If someone had a cup of ice or a drink, he full on reaches out for it and tries to drink out of it! His little mouth forms a perfect circle and his little jaw starts going up and down...but now he just likes to suck on the bottom of the cup--swear to God its the funniest thing ever! He likes the cold against his much for a cool teething ring, give the boy a cup!

Tuesday was super fun though...Grandma Netty came over and we put up my Christmas decorations. Jackson sat in his high chair while we put lights and bows and ribbon on the tree.

Then we took some pics of Jackson in the studio for his 5 month birthday! Christmas lights and a Santa Hat--what more could a baby boy need!


Sheri said...

WOW! You did have an exciting week. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures. Wish you were around to take beautiful pictures of Cooper. I try but they don't always turn out! Need to get a few pictures sent to your mother.

Annette said...

Excuse me, you failed to mention they weren't even YOUR boots!! I think a deposit will be required in the future,ha.