Thursday, September 21, 2006

Johnny Jump-Up









Years ago, when I was a baby, we had a Johnny Jump-Up--you know, the thing that you hang from the door frame and the baby jumps up and down on. They seem so unsafe, but we have all survived them, including my little sister whom I supposedly would run up to and push and shove her in the darn thing, and it never fell, so obviously they are safer than I thought! Well, GG (great grandma Jane) has been talking about how well Jackson holds his head up and how strong his legs are, and has been wanting to get him a Johnny Jump-Up--the problem is that here in Texas, we don't really have door frames anywhere but in the bedrooms, and who wants to put your baby in a hallway? I told her about a new contraption called a Jumparoo that I found at Target that I thought looked a little safer and more educational because it has lights and music and toys to play with...so guess what--she bought one! And let me tell you, it's been the best thing he has ever gotten! He looks ridiculously cute in it. The first time we put him in it, I swear he looked like one of those "Whack-a-Mole" things at Chuck E Cheese--the thing where the mole comes up through the hole and you have to whack it with the big mallot as fast as you can!? Loved it! He really studies the colors and can reach and play with the toys of the front...he has really great balance too. The cutest thing is when he just hangs and pulls his little legs up, like he's squating! He looks so big and independent, though, and it makes me sad...oh well!

No comments: